.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pastorway

And He Himself gave some to be....evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ...
- Ephesians 4:11-12

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.timeintheword.org

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hill Country of Texas

Pastor - Providence Reformed Baptist Church
Director - TIME in the Word Ministries

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Phillip's Phunnies

A merry heart does good, like medicine...Proverbs 17:22

Saturday's postings will focus on Phillip's Phunnies - an opportunity to look at the lighter side of life and hopefully laugh a lot (and maybe utter a few groans and roll a few eyes).

Consider:

Q. What kinds of motor vehicles are mentioned in the Bible?
A. Honda - the disciples were all in one Accord; Toyota - John the Baptist was Jesus' Forerunner; Motorcycles - as David's Triumph was heard through all the land.

Q. Who was the greatest comedian in the Bible?
A: Samson; he brought the house down.

Q: Who was the best known Mathematician in the Bible?
A: Moses, he wrote the book of Numbers.

Q: How do we know that Job went to a chiropractor?
A: Because Job 16:12, 14, 16 says, "I had come to be at ease, but he proceeded to shake me up: and he grabbed me by the back of the neck and proceeded to smash me."

Q. What will pastorway's Dalmatians look like in heaven?
A. Pure White, because 2 Peter 3:14 says we will be found without spot.



Q. So what do my Dalmatians have to do with my new blog other than providing the punch line for a joke?
A. Dalmatians give me a tie in to all things related to firemen, firehouses, fire hydrants, and of course firetrucks - all for the perfect opportunity to shamelessly promote the #1 blog in my list of recommended internet destinations, the home of the PyroManiac!

5 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

Shameless. Trying to get blogspotted like that.

Anyway, I thought my blog was number one. Oh well, I guess one fatbaptist is much the same as another...

;-)

5:30 PM  
Blogger Phillip M. Way said...

You are one to talk....having already been blogspotted and even had your picture show up on PyroManiac.....

and I have a feeling we ALL need to go on a diet!

~pastorway

6:34 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

I was blogspotted because I made a comment on his blog, not because of anything else...

Not that I didn't try to get blogspotted, but he never noticed...sniff...

fb

7:02 PM  
Blogger Phillip M. Way said...

so that's the secret....

I think I'll just send him an email and say, "SPOT ME".

We'll see if it works!
:^)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Phillip M. Way said...

YES! Blogspotted by the Great One less than a week into the blogosphere!

http://phillipjohnson.blogspot.com/

:)

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home