.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pastorway

And He Himself gave some to be....evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ...
- Ephesians 4:11-12

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.timeintheword.org

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hill Country of Texas

Pastor - Providence Reformed Baptist Church
Director - TIME in the Word Ministries

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Jonathan Hunt Joins TIME in the Word

I am happy to announce today that Jonathan Hunt has accepted an invitation from Providence Reformed Baptist Church and myself to join with TIME in the Word Ministries as a contributor.

TIME in the Word Ministries is part of the teaching ministry of PRBC offering articles, Bible study materials, sermons online in MP3 format, and daily devotionals for private and family worship. I am looking forward to the contribution that Jonathan will make. In the near future we will be adding his sermons to our Sermon Audio page and we encourage all our readers and listeners to take the time to hear and do what he teaches and preaches as he has proved himself to be a man with a true pastor's heart, an evangelist's zeal, and a teacher who can rightly handle the Word of God.

Jonathan is not just a fellow minister, he has become a dear friend of mine and I am glad that we can minister together in the service of our Lord Jesus. Neither of us feel up to the task at hand, but we rejoice in the opportunity that we have to preach the Word in season and out. And speaking personally, I am thankful to have the opportunity to introduce you all to Jonathan's ministry. His devotion to Christ, his love for the church, and his dedication to doing things "by the Book" truly make him a valuable addition to our ministry.

Keeping Psalm 115:1 and Galatians 6:14 in mind, let me add that I do not boast in Jonathan's ability or skill. I boast in the cross of Christ and the work I see HIM doing through Jonathan. It is my desire that Jonathan and I both point people to Christ, not to ourselves. May they see Christ working in and through us for His glory alone!

In introducing Jonathan to you, I encourage you to visit his blog often at GlosBaptist. In addition here is a short bio he has provided so that you can get to know him better:

I was born in 1977, and grew up in London with three younger sisters, where my parents were members of the Metropolitan Tabernacle (Spurgeons). In 1992 I was born again and baptised. In 1996 I joined the church and over time became involved in various ministries, particularly among children. In 2001 I was unexpectedly called upon to preach in the open air whilst on holiday (I had gone to hand out leaflets) and was profoundly influenced by the experience.

In 2002 I began to witness to a lady I had met on internet discussion boards. She was converted through reading the scriptures and hearing the preaching of my Pastor, Dr Peter Masters, on cassettes that I sent. We met so that she could attend a local church in Cheltenham, and we fell in love. We were married in October 2002, and we have lived here since. I have one step-son, John, who is nine years old.

We have been involved together in restarting children's evangelistic outreach at a Baptist Church in Cheltenham, during which time I had started to preach in church meetings. Since 2002 I have studied part-time at the London Reformed Baptist Seminary.

At the time of writing, we are just joining Cheltenham Evangelical Free Church, where we hope to be able to restart evangelism for both children and adults, and where I will take a share of the preaching responsibility week by week as the Lord leads.

Keep Jonathan, his wife Clare and son John in your prayers. And be sure to let us know how he is a blessing to you and to the Body of Christ!

Yours and His,
Phillip M. Way
Pastor
Providence Reformed Baptist Church

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is brilliant news. On the occasions that I have spoken to Jonathan, he is always full of joy and enthusiasm for the Lord. I trust that the Lord will bless Jonathan's ministry.

Yours in Christ

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home