.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pastorway

And He Himself gave some to be....evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ...
- Ephesians 4:11-12

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.timeintheword.org

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hill Country of Texas

Pastor - Providence Reformed Baptist Church
Director - TIME in the Word Ministries

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Discernment - Let's Play a Practice Round

Learning to Discern involves growing up in grace (maturing) and a willingness to confront our own sin and sinfulness head on. Discernment is not for the weak or immature. It is not for those who are not prepared to act on what they know about the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, sound and unsound doctrine.

Today we are going to play a practice round. Are you ready to discern? Let us see if you have learned! Get your Bibles and get ready to be tested.

Using only your Bible - no commentaries or websites - just your Bible (and concordance) - test the following statements. Discover if they are true or false. And if they are false, then take the time to uncover what the Bible actually teaches.


Here we go:

1. When I sin it is because the devil made me do it.

2. Solomon prayed and asked God for wisdom.

3. God helps those who help themselves.

4. I don't have to go to church because I can worship God anywhere.

5. For my sins to be forgiven I must ask Jesus to come into my heart.


I will post a response to these statements later.

~pastorway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home