.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pastorway

And He Himself gave some to be....evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ...
- Ephesians 4:11-12

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.timeintheword.org

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hill Country of Texas

Pastor - Providence Reformed Baptist Church
Director - TIME in the Word Ministries

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Phillip's Phunnies

A merry heart does good, like medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

I thought I would meld my last two Saturday posts and come out with comics about sports! These made me laugh, so I hope they put a smile on your face too.


Here we remember that on any given afternoon, any team might beat any other team. Unfortunately, I spent the last week cheering for a team that failed to play like a team that made it to the World Series! I have never rooted for the Houston Astros before this last week. I don't think I will ever root for them again. This had to be the most boring world series ever. On the plus side, the very first world series game played in Texas was the longest world series game ever played. So even while the team from Texas lost, we still saw that things are always bigger in Texas!


Now we are back to football. Here Snoopy represents the NUMBER 1 RANKED University of Texas Longhorns. And Woodstock represents all the other teams they will play this year.....I guess a poor schedule against weak teams proves a great bowl game at the end of the year!


And now we leave the wide world of sports for a moment and spend a minute thinking about that which I love the most!! No, not country western music....my little red haired girl! Thankfully I do not have to worry about forgetting her beautiful face as I see her everyday!! Though we do have a few favorite country songs.


And finally, not sports, not sappy, just a laugh.

:)

~pastorway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home